This Survey is hosted by Jamie @ The Perpentual Page Turner
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
Blood Red Road by Moira Young. That book literally changed my life. Not in a physical way, but I think it did emotionally. I loved that book so much!
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Abandon by Meg Cabot. Don't get me wrong, I did like it. But I had so much higher expectations for it.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I read that book in a day! I thought it'd be different, but I had to remember that it wasn't Rose's story anymore. And when that fact finally settled into my brain, I realized that Sydney's story was amazing!
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Falling Under by Gwen Hayes. Read that book at the beginning of the year and I have yet to stop recommending it!
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
I discovered The Mortal Instruments, and that was a huge life changing. Oh well if I've only read the first book, it's still made a giant impact on me!
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Moira Young, Michelle Hodkin (I haven't read her debut but she is super nice), Andrea Cremer, Cassandra Clare, Lia Habel, and a load more others!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab. Not a usually thing for me, but I did like it very much!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead! Ever since the last book in the series ended, I was impatiently waiting for the spinoff series to start!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
11. Most memorable character in 2011?
There were so many. Probably one in ever single book I read this year. I think I'm going to go with Bram from Dearly Departed(:
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Ever book is written in a unique way, so there is no one beautifully written book.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. It made me tear up, actually. It was so heartbreaking.
14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
That would probably be My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
Bloodlines - "Thanks for looking out for her, Sage. You're okay, For a human." I almost laughed. "Thanks." "You can say it too, you know." I walked over to Latte [car] and paused. "Say what?" "That I'm okay . . . for a vampire," he [Adrian] explained. I shook my head, still smiling. "You'll have a hard time getting any Alchemist to admit that. But I can say you're okay for an irreverent party boy with occasional moments of brilliance." "Brillant? You think I'm brillant?" He threw his hands skyward. "You hear that, world?" Sage says I'm brillant!"
Nightshade - "You're like a dead man walking." I pointed an accusing finger at him. "Don't ever, ever try to pet a wolf. It's just insulting." && "And you look beautiful," she added. "I look like a cake." "But a beautiful cake."
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott, Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, Blood Red Road by Moira Young
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davis, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey, Deliruim by Lauren Oliver,The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter, Halo & Hades by Alexandra Adornetto, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
I do realize that says ONE book, but I can't(x
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead.
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
Have specific days/times to read. I dislike falling behind on my reading.