Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crank by Ellen Hopkins {4th Review]

Crank (Crank, #1)


Kristina Georgia Snow is the perfect daughter: gifted high school junior, quiet, never any trouble. But on a trip to visit her absentee father, Kristina disappears and Bree takes her place. Bree is the exact opposite of Kristina -- she's fearless.
Through a boy, Bree meets the monster: crank. And what begins as a wild, ecstatic ride turns into a struggle through hell for her mind, her soul -- her life.









Title - Crank (Crank #1)
Author - Ellen Hopkins
Pages - 537
Published & Publisher - October 5th, 2004 ; Simon Pulse


I have things I need to do, but I just wanted to post this! :]




-I love this book. I know, you'll probably hear me say that about a load of books, but it's true! This book is unlike most books you'll encounter. For the fact that it's written in a poetic form! It's not a standard book, where you read left to right (that is the way you read right? :P); you can read from top to bottom, diagonal, criss-cross, etc. 


This book, about a perfect (nobody is really perfect, but I hope you get what I mean) girl who turns bad. Pretty simple blurb. But, that's not all. Kristina turns into Bree, a monster. Bree is Kristina's alternate self. Bree does things Kristina would never dream of -- for example, taking crank a.k.a drugs. The first encounter with crank was when Kristina ran into a boy named Adam. He introduced her to it. A funny and ironic thing that happened was when Adam had asked her what her name is, she said Bree. And that's how it all happened.


She tried to get off of them, but unexpected things happen. I can't say anymore because I might just start spoiling things for you. But I recommend this book 100 percent! It could happen to anyone; even the Goody-Goody Two Shoes do bad things. This book is an example of it. 


Plus, how could you pass up on an opportunity to read a story told in a poetic way! :]


You were a summer gift, one I'll always treasure. You were a dream I never wanted to wake up from. You opened my eyes to things I'll never really see. You're the best thing that will ever happen to me.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I've been wanting to read this one so badly! There's so many books in the series though. Was this a quick read considering it was told in a poetic way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @T.B. You're welcome! :]

    And that's true, and there's a spinoff series as well. I think that's what it is, not completely sure. It was a quick read. It didn't take me a long time, probably about 2 days. It may seem long, but you'll fly through the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how these books are told in poetry. I actually did an interview once with Ellen Hopkins!!

    New Follower!!

    Angie

    http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. They make my day and make me smile. :) So, please don't hesitate to comment. I try to reply back to each! If you want me to check out your blog as well, just leave your blog address. I would more than happy check it out.

Thanks for visting! ♥