Sunday, April 17, 2011

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer {2nd Review]

Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife—between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.



Title - Twilight (Twilight, #1)
Author - Stephenie Meyer
Pages - 498
Published & Publisher - October 5th, 2005 ; Little, Brown and Company






-Despite all the negativity that this book (and it's movie) have been through, this is actually a great story. It kind of brought back vampire stories. Dracula was written awhile ago and people didn't really write as many vampire based novels, but now that Twilight has become a bestseller, you see a lot of vampire stories being published.

Anyways, in this story, we first meet Isabella Swan, the chief's daughter. She seems like your normal and average new girl, and she is. Until she enters Biology II. Her first encounter with 
him . Who is this him I am referring to? The infamous Edward Cullen.

You've all heard his name, and if you haven't, where have you been?? It's not as if I'm going to spoil it for you if I say that Edward is a vampire. A blood-sucking, dangerous, supernatural creature.

The first time he gets a whiff of Bella's scent, everything is set in stone. Including Edward's undeniable urge for her blood. Bella is special. Different. She's unlike any human Edward's encountered with, and that's why he wants her. That's why he can't stay away. Vampires and Humans are 
not allowed to be together. But Edward and Bella don't listen to the rules. And you know what that means? Consequences.

I love Stephenie Meyer's writing. Her stories are so descriptive and it's like having the whole scene play out in my head. Her writing style is original, and lots of people can learn from it. Use adjectives instead of those short and choppy words.



"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." he murmured. 
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word. 
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed. 
"What a sick, masochistic lion."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. They make my day and make me smile. :) So, please don't hesitate to comment. I try to reply back to each! If you want me to check out your blog as well, just leave your blog address. I would more than happy check it out.

Thanks for visting! ♥