Sunday, July 24, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer {19th]

Calla is the alpha female of a shape-shifting wolf pack. She is destined to marry Ren Laroche, the pack's alpha male. Together, they would rule their pack together, guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But then, Calla saves a beautiful human boy, who captures her heart. Calla begins to question everything - her fate, her existence, and her world and the orders the Keepers have asked her to follow. She will have to make a choice. But will she follow her heart if it means losing everything, including her own life?



Title - Nightshade (Nightshade #1)
Author - Andrea Cremer
Pages - 454
Paperback, Hardcover, eBook - Paperback 
Published & Publisher - June 28th, 2011 {Originally published October 19th, 2010} ; Penguin Young Readers Group
Source - Bought
Rating - 5/5




A world of creativity taken to the highest level. A world of Guardians and Keepers and Searchers. Never would of imagined those nouns could mean so much. Andrea Cremer proved me wrong.


Calla Tor knew what her purpose in life was from the very start. She knew she would become the Alpha in her pack. She knew that she would have an arranged marriage. She knew her mate and husband would be Ren, the school's player. Except, a new guy comes into the picture. While Calla was on patrol, she stumbles upon a bear attacking a guy on the side of a mountain. Calla is not supposed to interfere in things like that, but she does so anyway. Saving the boy's life... and exposing herself. The boy, who we come to find out is Shay. The infamous love triangle comes into play here. Between Ren, Calla, and Shay.


I'm very surprised that this is Andrea's debut novel. I didn't expect that at all! Nightshade has well portrayed characters. The plot is solid, and the author doesn't stray away. Enough description for me to imagine the setting and people in my head, but not enough to turn me away. 


I recommend this story to everybody. Well, if you don't like wolves and their changing forms, then you might want to stay away. But if you are willing to try something, I definitely suggest this book. 


First Line: I'd always welcome war, but in battle my passion rose unbidden.
"You're like a dead man walking." I pointed an accusing finger at him. "Don't ever, ever try to pet a wolf. It's just insulting."
--- 
"And you look beautiful," she added.
"I look like a cake."
"But a beautiful cake."

3 comments:

  1. I just finished this book last week and also loved it! I can't wait to read what happens next. I can't choose a guy yet, I'm so torn! Thanks so much for checking out my blog! New GFC follower!

    Preet
    A Written Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preet - Both guys are in my heart! I might be leaning towards Ren because he did such a sweet thing for Calla. And thanks for coming to my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this book, I was just so disappointed in the cover change. I LOVED the original cover!

    -Amanda @ amandarosetew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. They make my day and make me smile. :) So, please don't hesitate to comment. I try to reply back to each! If you want me to check out your blog as well, just leave your blog address. I would more than happy check it out.

Thanks for visting! ♥