Friday, May 13, 2011

Falling Under - Gwen Hayes {10th]






Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams. 

As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear. 

And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.





Title - Falling Under (Falling Under #1)
Author - Gwen Hayes
Pages - 324
{New!} Paperback, Hardcover, eBook - Paperback
Published & Publisher - March 1st, 2011 ; New American Library
{New!} Source - Giveaway
{New!} Rating - 5/5




-Amazing. 
That one word summarizes this book. 
I was left speechless after I finished this book. I read over hundred pages in an hour, because I needed to see what would happen. 

Theia Alderson, she lives a strict life. Her father is very protective over her, not really allowing her to do things. He doesn't want her to end up like her mother - dead. It'll explain in the book how she died exactly, but Theia's mother was carefree. She loved to live life to the fullest. Kind of ironic how she found Theia's father, who is the complete opposite. But then again, love comes in all kinds of different ways. In Theia and Haden's case, different forms . Haden Black is the new kid in town, but not to Theia. Because she's seen him before. Not physically, but in her dreams. That dream wasn't a positive dream either. 

Starting sentence: Everything changed the night I saw the burning man fall from the sky. 

That sentence alone drew me in! It was such a raw type of sentence that made me question...and made me continue reading! 

I love Gwen Hayes writing style. Her style is unique, and got me at the edge of my seat. But that was a mixture of the book itself and her writing. 

There were some scary moments. It wasn't ones that spooked me all the way down to my toes, but ones that left always checking my surroundings. But who wouldn't if you had just read that your shadow was running away from you. 

I've heard a lot of things about how this book was like Twilight. Which, in a sense, it is. NOT that I am telling you that it is exactly like Twilight (it is by far!), but it had a Twilight feel. Not the whole book. Just some short parts. But, if you didn't pay close attention (I did because I was just waiting for a sparkly vampire to show up), you'd never notice. It also had an Alice in Wonderland feel as well. That one was more noticeable. 

I can't wait until the next book comes out! It is definitely on my wish-list. I really, extremely, want to know what will happen next. The ending of Falling Under made me mad; ending at a spot where it shouldn't have. I don't mean that in a bad way...but a way that means it shouldn't have ended! But all good stories have to end, so it was expected. 




{Donny} "Are you even listening to yourself? Thei, you've totally gone one French fry short of a Happy Meal here." 
"Did he fang you?" Ame asked. 
"Stop encouraging her," Donny demanded. 
-pg 164

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. They make my day and make me smile. :) So, please don't hesitate to comment. I try to reply back to each! If you want me to check out your blog as well, just leave your blog address. I would more than happy check it out.

Thanks for visting! ♥