Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead {5th Review]





St. Vladimir's Academy isn't just any boarding school—it's a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They've been on the run, but now they're being dragged back to St. Vladimir's—the very place where they're most in danger...

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy's ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world's fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.

















Title - Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1)
Author - Richelle Mead
Pages - 332
Published & Publisher - August 16th, 2007 ; Razorbill





-Favorite series ever! Yeah, each one of these books qualify as my favorite books. Such a different kind of take on vampires. Three different kinds -- the Moroi {full vampires} , the Dhampirs {half human, half vampire} , the Strigoi {undead vampires}. I know, the undead vampire sound the most awesome, right?


They are! :] The Moroi are vampires that, obviously feed on blood. The Dhampirs don't need blood to live. Dhampirs protect the Royal Moroi with their strength and speed. The Strigoi... well, that's a different story. They would be your bad or evil vampires. They were once a regular vampire, until they kill a human by drinking all of their blood. Strigoi don't feel any emotions, only hunger. They kill humans, Moroi, and Dhampirs. 


Rose Hathaway is a dhampir, as said in the description above. She protects her best friend, Lissa, who is a Moroi. Nothing can separate them...mainly because they are connected, literally. Maybe not literally, but close enough. Rose can hear Lissa's thoughts, but not the other way around. Rose can always now where and what Lissa is thinking. Rose can see through Lissa's eyes too. It's a fascinating experience to read!


I could go on and on and invent a different description from the summary taken from Goodreads...but no. That might start to bore you. 


Vampire Academy is unlike regular vampire stories. First off all, it has a whole different concept. Richelle Mead has a very creative mind. As I was reading, some things happen unexpectedly that I was shock! This book made me cry. I felt like I was actually in Rose's shoes...making the same decision as her and feeling what she felt. I love it when author's can do that, and Richelle did! 


Not to brag or anything, but Richelle signed my book! She had a book tour and me and my friend went to a signing! It was just...amazing! She is really nice and funny as well. She didn't sign this book, she signed another book out of the series. And when I write my review of it, I'll upload the picture of it. 


I give this book a 20 out of 5! If you haven't read it, you should! It was supposed to be turned into a movie...but I don't know what happened. I really hope it comes to screen. I want to see who would play the characters! And the quote below...it's a little spoiler, but it's my favorite part of the book! 




"Because we can't be together." 




"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?" 
His {Dimitri} fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's guardians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her." 
"I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out. 
"No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. They make my day and make me smile. :) So, please don't hesitate to comment. I try to reply back to each! If you want me to check out your blog as well, just leave your blog address. I would more than happy check it out.

Thanks for visting! ♥