Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott - {12th]

Living Dead Girl


Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.



Once upon a time, my name was not Alice.
Once upon a time, I didn’t know how lucky I was.


When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.



Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her. 
This is Alice’s story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.

Title - Living Dead Girl
Author - Elizabeth Scott
Pages - 170
{New!} Paperback, Hardcover, eBook - Hardcover
Published & Publisher - September 2nd, 2008 ; Simon Pulse
{New!} Source - Library
{New!} Rating - 5/5


(This review is a coincidence because it is Elizabeth Scott week)


-I really don't know where to begin. This is not a story that really... I can't even describe how this story made me feel. It's a sad thing when you give a story 5 out of 5 and you can't even explain your feelings.

This isn't a recommended story for under the age of 13. I was mature enough (in my opinion) to read this though. Elizabeth Scott has a unique writing style. She uses her writing to explain powerful things that I bet an average person couldn't. This story was raw, not descriptive, but all you needed was some vital information and you could figure out the rest by yourself. Full of raw emotions, I felt so sorry for Alice (the girl in the book).

I had read to page 30 last night and I had to put it down and call it quits. Not because I couldn't read it anymore because it sucked, but I just needed to think about what happened. Only thirty pages into the story and I was overwhelmed with a collection of emotions. 

This is a well written story that makes me wonder if things like that could happen. Of course, parents should install the little warning bells into a child's head that they do not go off with a stranger. Especially without a fight! 

No one wants to have a Ray (the kidnapper) in their life. 


I'd forgotten how much feelings hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just know immedietly when a story is not for you. It happens!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. They make my day and make me smile. :) So, please don't hesitate to comment. I try to reply back to each! If you want me to check out your blog as well, just leave your blog address. I would more than happy check it out.

Thanks for visting! ♥