Friday, June 24, 2011

Between Here And Forever by Elizabeth Scott {17th]






Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible. 
Until the accident. 
Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her. 
She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen. 
Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...





Title - Between Here And Forever
Author - Elizabeth Scott
Pages - 250
Paperback, Hardcover, eBook - Hardcover
Published & Publisher - May 24th, 2011 ; Simon Pulse
Source - Author ;; Giveaway Winner
Rating - 3/5


How do I start this review out? Maybe with how this book was like over cooked cookies. Not burnt, but not perfect.

I've only read one other book by Elizabeth, and I was blown away by it. So much that I needed to read some more of her books and devour them. But maybe Between Here and Forever shouldn't have been that one. I'm not saying it's the worst book ever, but it was missing something. Something big, but I can't tell what. Abby's sister was in an accident and now has been in a coma. Abby has been talking to her and telling her about things because Tess, her sister, doesn't know what's going on. Until one moment when a guy, Eli, started talking, Abby saw something move behind Tess's eyelids. Abby got her hopes up and practically dragged Eli into the room and made him talk. Abby believed it was because he was gorgeous and Tess was perfect that they'd be destined together.

I get the point and all about how Abby wished Eli would talk enough that Tess would open her eyes and everything would go back to normal, but it wasn't. Some people are just in denial, that's what you could say Abby was. I should feel bad for her, and I do, but Abby would not stop putting her herself down. Whenever Tess came up, Abby would mention that she isn't as pretty as her or something around that nature. Abby wasn't fishing for compliments, but it was just a turnoff. Maybe it's because I can't relate to her at all that makes me not like her. But hey, that's just my opinion.

After all is said and let out, I do recommend this book to anyone who wants a new kind of story. It's a sad story with a huge dramatic twist. 

{New!} First Line - I lean forward and look at Tess.

"Lies are a lot easier than the truth. Simpler."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. They make my day and make me smile. :) So, please don't hesitate to comment. I try to reply back to each! If you want me to check out your blog as well, just leave your blog address. I would more than happy check it out.

Thanks for visting! ♥