Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - {13th]







Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.











Title - Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1)
Author - Kiersten White
Pages - 335
{New!} Paperback, Hardcover, eBook - eBook {Kobo}
Published & Publisher - August 31st, 2010 ; HaperTeen
{New!} Source - R.A.K. -- iPod
{New!} Rating - 4/5




-I love the cover. Maybe that's what made me want to read this book! Of course the description was drawing me in as well. And plus, I had once read something that kept mentioning 'Tasey'. That made me wonder who this 'Tasey' was. It was my curiosity about one name that made me pick this book up and give it a try. Since, 'Tasey' isn't spoiling anything, that is the name of Evie's taser. Yes, Evie owns a taser. And she uses it a lot of times.


This is a good book. It's Kiersten White's first novel, and it didn't disappoint. Yeah, I expected just a little bit more, but this story was great in it's own little way. The characters were well portryaed and the plot was as well. I actually read this in two sittings. Mainly because it was on my iPod as an eBook and it's quite easy to read that way. 


Paranormalcy (I love that title by the way) is a funny and witty quick read. This is one of the books that doesn't leave a cliffhanger at the end that makes you need to read the next book in the series. I am very grateful in that, I'm hating the books that do do that. I greatly recommend this book to people. Told in a sixteen year old's point of view, it's showing how this one girl wants to live a normal life, but sadly, can't. Because she just isn't normal. 






"Lish tried to swear--which is always funny, because the computer won't translate it. It went something like this: "Bleep stupid bleep bleep faeries and their bleep bleep bleep obsessions. He had better stop bleep bleep bleep the bleep bleep rules or I will bleep bleep bleep the little bleeeeeeeeeeep." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. They make my day and make me smile. :) So, please don't hesitate to comment. I try to reply back to each! If you want me to check out your blog as well, just leave your blog address. I would more than happy check it out.

Thanks for visting! ♥